The Pécs Debate Academy – started in 2013 based on the 17-year experience of the International Culture Week in Pecs (ICWiP) – is a unique regional summer university initiative of its kind in Hungary, the very first debate event in the Transdanubian region, and one of those rare debate projects, which offers 8 ECTS university credits for those who take an active part in the trainings, lectures, sessions and the final debate tournament. The main title of the academy in 2016 was “Ongoing Migration Crisis and Central Europe – Europe in a Global Context from Visegrad Perspective”
The Pécs Debate Academy is an intensive debate training series that embeds a youth forum conference, which is supported by courses on introduction to debate systems, discussions, conference lectures, debate trainings, and a debate tournament. In 2016 the main theme of the summer event was focusing on current migration related issues. Participating students can discuss the questions of today’s major challenges, discover the possible threats and outcomes of the most relevant and timely issues and talk over connecting critical questions. The key lectures are going to be held by acclaimed scientists and young professionals. The Pécs Debate Summer Academy gives an opportunity to young people from all over the world to meet each other and to discuss and debate over various questions and problems. The participants can learn from each other and find common ground for common ways of thinking. Interactive communication is placed in the centre of discussions and actions. Level of training: NOVICE (for beginners), language of instruction is English.
Participating students had the chance to earn 8 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credits, issued by the University of Pécs (UP) the major collaborating partner of SIEN Foundation.
After all the hard work during the day, Pécs Debate Academy also offers leisure time, cultural and off-programs.
The 1st Debate Summer Academy in 2013 hosted 34 participants, 5 professional debate trainers, 17 lecturers, 10 Hungarian organizers and hosts. The participants came from 14 different countries.
Now you are invited, too.
APPLICATIONS FOR PÉCS DEBATE ACADEMY 2016 ARE NOW OPEN!
- Complete the on-line application form. Please, note that there are obligatory data to be given.
- Make sure that all the data you filled in are correct.
- Submit the application form. Please, pay attention to the deadline!
- Check your e-mail box for auto-reply. As you submitted the form, an automatic confirmation e-mail will be sent to the mailbox, so you will know that the system has recorded your application. May you have not received this e-mail, please, contact us on the firstname.lastname@example.org address.
- When you receive the confirmation email related your application, dont forget to pay the registration fee in order to get the letter of invitation in time for visa procedure.
- Pay attention to the early bird deadline! If you pay the registration fee by the early bird deadline, the participation fee will be much cheaper!
- If you transfer the registration fee after the early bird deadline, you must pay the normal participation fee.
The Organising Team will inform you about the approval of your application via e-mail in 10 days after your application submission. If your application is approved, the Organising Team will send you information materials via e-mail. If you dont receive any email in 10 days (the reason might be technical problems or dozens of email), please definitely contact us on: email@example.com
Early bird deadline : Dates will be announced soon
Early bird fee: Check back later for details
Normal fee: Check back later for details
Group discount 15 % – according to personal agreement.
Application is accepted until July 10, 2017
Please note, that the “date of transfer” is the starting date of the transfer from your Bank.
Name: SIEN Nemzetközi Diákcseréért Alapítvány
Seat: 7624 Pécs, Jakabhegyi út 8/E
Bank: Szigetvári Takarékszövetkezet
Seat of Bank: 7622 Pécs, Bajcsy-Zs. u. 7.
Account number: 50800111-11185606-00000000
Subject: PDA2016 + your name
Please, take into account that you need to indicate that the transfer costs are covered by you and not the beneficiary, that is SIEN Alapitvany.
Which are the visa-countries and how to get a visa to Hungary?
For more information on the visa procedure, please consult the website of Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
If you have any other questions, you can turn to the Organising Team at any time via e-mail at icwip[at]icwip.hu.